Thursday, March 1, 2012

From Damoh to Nablus

Rai and I testing out the camera before I buy.
I left the children's home early on Friday February 18. The drive to Jabalapur was beautiful. We saw black-faced monkeys, a pair of jackals, a small herd of deer being watched by a buck with a great rack of antlers, and a WILD male peacock. It never occurred to me that I might see one in the wild in India. Our flight from Jabalapur to Delhi was a couple of hours late but made it to town in time to buy a little outfit for Katie Rose and a camera for myself. We ate in a great restaurant. Mr. Rai, our travel agent and my minder, is a big fan of Indian buffet and so am I! After lunch I bought a camera, so now there will be some photos.
There was a wedding outside my room, so I didn't get to sleep as early as I might have.
I was up early the next morning for a 0300 ride to the airport. The flight to Amman took off on time. I sat next to a computer guy who was leaving Delhi to go to Germany to be with his wife. Kind of romantic, leaving a position at the university for love.
The Amman airport is rather poorly organized. The security guy wanted to confiscate my laser pointer. I kept talking until he told me to shove off. When we arrived in Tel Aviv, the belt that conveys bags to the carousel jammed, leaving about fifteen bags (including mine) stuck on top. Now, of all the adjectives that might be applied to me, NIMBLE is not among the top two hundred. I was amused with myself by stepping up onto the carousel, moving with the belt, and climbing to the top where I could throw down bags. I hope the Israelis don't review the surveillance videos before I try to leave next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment