Friday, June 1, 2012

Overnight in Johannesburg.

The flight from Minneapolis to Johannesburg was long but uncomplicated. I changed planes at Dulles airport in Washington. The Dulles to Johnnesburg leg was broken up by a stop at Dakar Senegal at 5:30 in the morning. We were on the ground for about 1.5 hours while we refueled and accepted new passengers, but they wouldn't let us get off to stretch our legs. I was very fortunate in that I got an upgrade to first class from MSP to Dulles and had an empty seat beside me on both legs of the flight from Dulles to Johannesburg.
A man from the guesthouse gave me a ride from the airport. He started the car while I returned the luggage cart, and when I went to enter the car I nearly crawled into his lap. Left-hand drive!


Tonight I'll sleep at a quiet bed & breakfast, the Sunflowers Guesthouse, 15 minutes from the airport. I hope to leave at 7:45 Saturday morning for a 10:00 flight to Blantyre Malawi.

No comments:

Post a Comment