Wednesday, December 7, 2011

They came from outer space


Today was pretty quiet. I had a mosquito bite on my arm this morning, so I was offered and accepted a doxycycline tablet.  I found out that it is a very bad idea to take doxy on an empty stomach. I felt better after I threw up but had to lie low for a couple of hours as well. In the afternoon Jen and I organized supplies in the operating room. I went to the Deli-Mart and bought a couple of bottles of lemonade that sat well on my stomach. Just before dinner Greg, the bio-med technician, showed me a YouTube video of an alien spacecraft that has been sighted next to Mercury. It is cloaked and only became visible when a solar flare engulfed it.  Greg thinks it could have been there, observing us, for millennia.

He may be right. I’ve always thought that if I were going to invade Earth, I would set up a base camp on Mercury, landing when the sun was interposed between it and Earth. I’d build my camp somewhere in the terminator, the zone between light and dark that would not be so extreme in temperature. I’d use my solar powered equipment (us little green men are green, you see) to build the rest of my fleet and launch my assault when Mercury and Earth are closest.  That way I’d have the sun at my back and conserve the most important element in the universe: the element of surprise.

I expect that Rosanne (the scientist) and I (the visionary) will be called upon to help defend the planet. Fear not, the enemy will never penetrate our troposphere.


No comments:

Post a Comment